Thursday 7 July 2011

Webcast – A boon for NRIs

LiveStreamPro, New Delhi (India), 9810999475, 9818406080

A few days back I got a call from my friend here in Malaysia. She was upset. She told me that her best friend from school, who stays in India, is getting married and she will not be able to go, because her kids have their semester exams in school. She said all her other close friends will also be there and she will be the only one missing out on all the fun. She was really upset and I could not do or say much to console her. This is one of the disadvantages of staying far and we all NRIs experience it some or the other time, sometimes it is a birthday party, sometimes anniversary, sometimes house warming party and similar other events of great sentimental value to us.

After that day, I met her yesterday and asked her if she had heard from her friend and if she heard how the wedding went. She told me that she attended the wedding herself. She told me that her friend had got her wedding webcasted through this service provider called LiveStreamPro and so she was able to attend the wedding virtually over the internet. 

She then went on to explain me about this amazing technology called Webcasting. Like we watch the live broadcast of cricket match or any other event on television, in Webcasting we watch Live broadcast on the internet. Through the use of webcasting she was not only able to watch the wedding LIVE and see of all the wedding rituals, she was also able to send messages to her friend on real time to which her friend responded live. Her other friends also spoke to her live. She was so excited telling me all this. 

To me LiveStreamPro or any other webcasting company for that matter is doing us NRIs a great service through this technology. This keeps us closer to our family and friends back in India and helps us be a part of all the important occasions that we otherwise would have missed.