Wednesday 6 July 2011

I saw my friend's wedding in Airport Waiting Lounge

Courtesy: LiveStreamPro's Customer, LiveStreamPro, New Delhi (India), 9810999475, 9818406080

Just one day before my best friend was to get married in Delhi, I had to go to Mumbai urgently for a business conference. My boss was very adamant that I go for it and so I had no choice but to go.

But I had made my arrangements well. I had booked myself a 5:00 pm flight back to Delhi (on the day of the wedding), so that I have enough time to get ready and be on my friend’s side by the time he sat on his ‘ghori’ (the horse). 

But as it happens, my work prolonged and I had to postpone my flight. I had just one option with me if I wanted to attend my friend’s wedding. I knew the wedding webcast service provider my friend had hired for covering his wedding live, as I had helped him find one. Although I was uncertain whether this option will work at such short, as these guys had specifically told us that they needed to know the number of people who are to watch the live webcast beforehand, I still wanted to give it a try.

I called the webcast vendor in Delhi and told him my problem. These guys could have easily told me it is not possible and I would have listened. But they asked me to give them 30 minutes and took my number and email address. After precisely 30-40 minutes I received a call from the webcast guys telling me that they have sent me a link on my email address and very patiently told me the procedure of logging on and viewing the live webcast. 

Now this is what I call customer service and I was totally impressed and relieved and their fan for life. And it was then that I called my friend and told him about what had happened. Thankfully he understood. And the live webcast even allowed us to talk to each other, as I could send him the message on real time and he replied live (in code words obviously).

But all said and done, if it was not the proactive and helping attitude of the LiveStreamPro guys, I would have certainly missed my best friend’s wedding. Thank you LiveStreamPro!