Tuesday 5 July 2011

My choice for Wedding Webcast vendor

Courtesy: LiveStreamPro's Customer, LiveStreamPro, New Delhi (India), 9810999475, 9818406080

My cousin from America was to get married in Ludhiana, Punjab (India) last year. And since her friends from America could not be a part of the wedding, she insisted on having her wedding webcasted live, so that a live broadcast is done of the wedding over the internet and her friends and few family member, who could not be a part of the wedding, could view it live sitting anywhere in the world. 

So my uncle asked me to find a good and cost-effective webcast vendor for the same who provided services across India. I decided to go for a Delhi-based vendor, so that I am able to communicate the requirements to them in a better manner and also negotiate with them face to face. Also most importantly, the vendor needs to provide services in Ludhiana too. 

Having these preconditions in mind, I started my search like anyone else would. I typed the following on google.com:

Wedding Webcast Service Provider + delhi-based

I went through the websites intensely and chose five webcast companies who provide services across India and the provider I finally chose was a company named LiveStreamPro (www.livestreampro.com).

I guess why I chose them was because of the first impression of the company I got. The marketing guy who came and met me spoke with the confidence of a person who has executed many similar events successfully. He answered each of my question with a casestudy and reference. Being from marketing background myself, I can really make out when a person is talking truth and not cooking stories. 

But having done my bit, I was nervous on the day of the wedding because if something went wrong I would be blamed. But believe me I was thrilled of my decision to go with LiveStreamPro. The webcasting team who covered the wedding was so well mannered and humble and did an excellent job; and did I mention, LiveStreamPro was cheaper than almost all the vendors I spoke to. I also noticed them helping other wedding guests with their camcorders and cameras and giving them tips to get the best result.

My uncle and others in the family appreciated my judgement skills. I was the star of the evening and even today I am quoted when old memories are discussed.