Wednesday 7 September 2011

I attended my first webinar today!

LiveStreamPro, New Delhi (India), 9810999475, 9818406080

I had heard a lot about webinars and always wanted to experience one myself. And finally I got a chance to attend one... it was my weekend class for MBA.

I was sent link to the class on my email along with the date and time as well as the username password to attend it and directions on what needs to be done.

On the given date and time, I clicked on the link sent to me and entered my username password. It was a private event so I waited for the presenter to accept my request. When I finally was allowed to view the webinar, it looked something like the screen shown below:

Webinar
As you see in the image, I was able to see the entire presentation and hear my professor explain the concepts in detail. On the right side of the screen, I could see all the attendees to the class. The attendees were from across India as well as from abroad. There was also a screen where we could ask questions from the professor.

The professor was very good. He went on with the class slowly and to make the class interactive he kept on asking questions from the class and the participants typed in their answers. Whenever there were questions, the participants typed in the questions and the professor took on all the questions and answered.

The class could have been very boring if it was only the presenter speaking and we would have got frustrated if we had no medium to convey our queries. But the interactive feature did wonders to the way the class went. A blissful technology indeed and it was very well facilitated by the webinar service provider who was in charge. I logged out 2-3 times because of poor net connectivity and had to log in again. My request was instantaneously accepted, so I did not miss much.

This is the first time I attended a class from my house, without any worries of travelling to the study centre in the mid-day Delhi traffic, finding a decent place to sit and feeling awkward to ask questions in a class full of people staring at you. The experience was just magnificent. I was stress-free, saved me so much of time and I was able to attend the class without any disturbances.

There are other forms of webinars too. In one you are able to see the presenter as well as his presentation. And then there are public webinars which everyone can watch without restrictions. It all depends on the features that your service provider offers you, so in order to get a satisfactory experience, it is very important to choose the vendor who is able to provide you with options you require.